I absolutely love waking up and experiencing the morning, right now, for a few reasons. When you wake up, it is the closest situation you will experience to being born and having a fresh start. You have no stimuli hitting your senses, and little inputs to clutter your mind. You wake up groggy and have the opportunity to wake up slow and really tune the right factors into your life. This is what I’m going to attempt to do — leverage the values the morning offers to better myself.
The Factors of the Morning:
- You have no or very little stimuli from the external world
- You have little thoughts bombarding your mind — few business, personal, or other worries (initially).
What you can do about this?
- Reject it and try to move faster and faster in the morning… placing a high value on getting everything done very quickly.
- Take the time to reset yourself, your values, and your goals; and (every now and then) reflecting on whether your actions are reflective of such. Then, powering through and achieving your aspirations!
- Let this grand value pass you by and linger in your unconsciousness (not think about it)
My choice is easy — I’m a thinker, and I choose Option TWO!
What this means / Actions:
- Recognize this value in the morning
- Review my guiding principles and values
- Stretch my mind in its understanding of the truth and a guided imaginative sense
- Perform my duties to accomplish my goals